Friday, July 24, 2009

Show us your life Friday

Since the home tours are finished, Kelly has changed to 'Show Us Your Life' Fridays. This week is wedding dresses and I'm happy to say that I had one! I'm not happy to say that a year later it is still hanging in the garment bag that the ladies at the bridal store said to only keep it in for 3 months. What can I say? I'm a procrastinator! I do check on it now and then, and it still looks okay.
The dress is by Casablanca Bridal and I bought it from Wedding Wonderland in Lexington, KY. If you're looking for a reasonably priced dress I highly recommend Casablanca Bridal. Their dresses are all pretty much gorgeous! Without further ado...Here is Lacey, my MOH, helping me into the dress.Here's the front of the dress. I loved the ruching on this dress. I wanted something simple, and this dress just felt like the one! I feel like it really worked for me and our day.
Here is the back of the dress. It is bustled at this point. Oh, and the hubby is in this picture too! :)

My dress was only the 5th dress I tried on. I probably tried on 50 after this one, but I kept comparing them all to this dress. The first time I tried it on I was torn between this one and another one that was just over the top. I finally decided I didn't want over the top and fell in love with this dress.

8 comments:

  1. Love the dress! And I think we have the same anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding dress was perfect. I remember thinking that the day of your wedding! Pretty handsome groom too! I kept coming back to my wedding dress too. I knew it was the one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dresses are really similar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even remember helping you into your dress and when that pic was taken...oh well, it was the perfect dress for you. I don't think we took any pictures of you in it walking around the apartment. Oh good times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dress is still in the same bag I brought it home in and is hanging in my closet too!! ha! I don't know what else to do with it...oh well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dress is still in its bag too! I want to take it and get it put in one of those boxes eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your neckline and the back of the dress. Your bouquet is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty wedding! Super cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete