Monday, January 17, 2011

In which we travel to Knoxville, Lexington, Frankfort and the movies


I have thoroughly enjoyed my long weekend!  Saturday, the hubs and I ventured to Knoxville, TN to go to the Tennessee vs. Vandy game.  This was our second game at TN, our second game TN was not supposed to win, and our second game that they did win!  I think we are a good luck charm!  We got up pretty early on Saturday and drove down for the game.  After the game we went to a mall in Knoxville and took our time coming back home.  We even made a pit stop in Lexington so that Billy could visit Half-Price Books, his current obession.
We parked in a lot that was pretty far away from the arena because last year we parked at the closest lot and ended up being stuck for at least an hour.  We didn't mind walking and we didn't hit any traffic trying to leave.  The only problem was that we weren't exactly sure where the arena was so once we found it we had to walk ALL the way around!  I did snap the photo above on our sight-seeing walk, so it wasn't all a loss.


 

Because ESPN Game Day was at TN and because they were playing Vandy, the game was almost a sell-out.  We were crammed in there like sardines!  I did manage to get a picture of us that isn't too terrible.  You'll notice that I'm not wearing orange!  Last year I wore some of Billy's TN stuff and I just felt like an impostor!  I was scared I was going to be struck by lightening!  This year, I opted for neutral colors.  You better believe I cheered for those Vols, though!  I really do want TN to win, unless they're playing my Wildcats, obviously.

On Sunday I went to Frankfort to visit with baby Jackson and Crystal.  Apparently he has been fussy lately because he has acid reflux problems.   I don't believe a word of it, though because he was the sweetest thing while I was there! I got to feed him a couple times and hold him a while.  He fussed a little while I was there, but what baby doesn't!  I didn't get any pictures because I was too busy holding and squeezing his chubby cheeks!  I can't wait until he is toddling around so I can spoil him rotten! 

Today, I had a dentist appointment with NO CAVITIES! :)  Billy and I ran some errands and went to the gym.  We also finally found time to see Black Swan.  I really, really liked it!  It was super weird, but not really scary.  Parts were pretty freaky, but I did like it.

Now, B and I are winding down from our exciting weekend with some laundry and college basketball.  I hope this week goes by fast since it's a short one!  Never seems to work out that way though!

No comments:

Post a Comment