Monday, October 26, 2009

Cookie confession

Remember this post? The one about the cookies/runny mess in my kitchen? I discovered something just a minute ago while making sweet tea (my guilty pleasure of the moment). It's big news... and more than a little embarrassing. Of course I had to update! :)


So I store things like sugar, flour, powdered sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips, and salt in these sleek little guys:
Notice they are unmarked... and you can guess where I'm going with this. Tonight I opened one of the larger canisters looking for the rest of the sugar only to find what I used as flour for my oatmeal raisin cookie recipe. It looked a little funny, and I might still be obsessing over what went wrong with those cookies. I stuck my finger in to get a little taste..... can you guess?


IT WAS POWDERED SUGAR!


So the bad news is I'm a crazy loon who cannot tell the difference between flour and powdered sugar! The good news is that I can still probably make oatmeal raisin cookies. We shall see. Note to self: powdered sugar does not substitute for flour!

3 comments:

  1. haha, oh goodness! that kind of stuff just happens sometimes. i am glad you can still..hopefully..make good cookies, i just wish i was there to help eat them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!! this made me laugh and repeat the story to jonny, haha. i store my pantry dried goods in oxo containers and find that labeling them on the bottom with masking tape helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same containers and I am shocked I haven't done something silly like that! It happens! At least you figured it out and can make your yummy cookies again!

    ReplyDelete