Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Smoky Mountain getaway

This past weekend, the hubby and I took a little trip to Gatlinburg, TN with Crystal and Jordon. I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all!

Billy and I picked up Crystal and Jordon around 2:00 on Thursday and we got on the road. We got to Gatlinburg, went to the grocery and made the 20 minute trek up the mountain to our cabin! They should really tell you how long it takes to get to the cabin before you book! ...I digress.
Here it is, our lovely cabin home for the weekend! The views were amazing. I wish we could come back to this cabin in the fall when the leaves are changing.

Thursday night we just decided to hang out at the cabin and get the gaming started! The boys played a few games of pool and then we played games until way past mine and Crystal's bed times. Friday we got up and walked around Gatlinburg. Crystal had never been, so this was really fun for her! We went into a bunch of neat little shops. On Friday we also went to the Ripley's Aquarium and the Ripley's Believe it Or Not Museum. Billy and I had never been to either, so it was quite an experience. The aquarium was amazing! The museum.. not so much.Here's Billy and myself and the Aquarium. There was a tunnel through the big aquarium with a moving sidewalk. There were sharks EVERYWHERE during this part. At the end we got to pet a sting ray. I'll be honest, I tried to do it (not too hard) and never got to touch one. We had a lot of fun at the aquarium!
We found Captain Jack Sparrow in Gatlinburg! What a hottie!Billy and me at the fountain in Gatlinburg...

...and in the huge chair!

Saturday Crystal and I made the boys take us to the Tanger Outlets. We had fun, but I'm not so sure they did! We also ate at Applebarn and played two rounds of putt-putt. Billy won both games. The first game Crystal, Jordon and I all tied for 2nd! It was CRAZY! Also, the first game Crystal got a hole-in-one on the last hole to win a free game!


This picture was before the free game winning hole-in-one, but she still looks pretty excited!

Friday and Saturday nights we played games in the cabin. Turns out we're all pretty competitive! Sunday we just got up and drove home. Of course it took 6 hours instead of 4 due to traffic. It always seems to work that way coming home from anywhere! Jordon sleeping like a baby. :) We were all pretty tired on the way home! We were all sad to come back home and face reality, but all good things must come to an end! We can't wait to go back!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun weekend! Ryan and I went last year and I was lucky enough to pet the sting rays! Someone was out feeding them when we were there and helped them get close to everyone! I need to find that big chair the next time we go. I would love a picture like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanny and Poppy never took me to the Ripley's museum because they always said it sucked. That made me sad but I guess they were right! And I love the aquarium as well. And I definitely got to touch a sting ray... Rachel and I win :) Glad you all had fun! That much traffic would make me scream!!

    ReplyDelete