I have had a lot on my mind here lately... Hopefully this post won't alarm any of you, but I'm not exactly going to say what it is I've been worrying about! I will say that no one is sick, or hurt, or in danger, or anything else like that. I've just been worrying about something, stressed is probably a better word, but worried worked better for this post! As we've all entered (pseudo-entered?) the grown up world, I have been reflecting on things that used to cause so much worry or stress that just don't seem like that big of a deal anymore. Here's my list, feel free to add your own in the comments!
1. Who is dating, broken up with, talking to who.
2. What to wear the first day of school (does anybody actually remember what you wore the first day of any school year, let alone what someone else wore??)
3. What color shoes you should wear with your new dress, shirt, skirt, outfit. I know, this still is a worry sometimes, but in the big scheme of things nobody cares what color shoes you have on!
4. What to name your Tamagotchi...
5. Or, just worrying about your Tamagotchi in general!
6. Obsessing over stupid boys so much that friendships are ruined and countless hours of your life are thrown away.
7. Having the coolest SpaceMaker, Trapper Keeper, Lisa Frank folder, etc.
8. Who you were going to sit with at lunch or on the bus.
9. Getting your homework done. I know I stressed about this from 1st grade through college. I know the homework needed to be done, but looking back I wish I hadn't stressed about it so much.
10. How to fix your hair. In middle school I woke up at 5:30am everyday and took a shower. Then I'd go back to bed for a little bit before getting up and spending an hour on my freakin hair! I'm not sure if you all remember my middle school hair or not, but I can tell you it wasn't worth it!! lol I so wish I had a picture of that on my computer.
So, there's my list of things I used to worry about that just seem silly now! Feel free to add your own. If I think of more I'll add them. I was stumped at #10, but I know there must be a million more!
What's Up Wednesday
1 day ago