Sunday, March 14, 2010

Shannon's Seven

Ashley from The Happily Ever Afters of the Lancasters tagged everyone to follow her foot steps and share 7 things about themselves. I have been in a major blogging slump lately so I figured I'd join in!

1. I've got this dog, and I'm kinda in love with her. I've always had a dog growing up. I think it's so neat to see their different personalities. Laney is very calm (maybe too calm)! She gets excited when we go on walks and when she is given food. She is in love with her daddy so much that I get a little jealous from time to time. Regardless of who she loves more, we are both smitten with this little girl!

2. I love watching sports. College basketball is my favorite, but I also have found that I like pro football and pro baseball. Baseball is much better in person. I can hardly stand it on tv!


3. My job is not what I pictured myself doing and it isn't really what I picture myself doing forever, but it is just a job. At first I stressed about finding 'the' job that I would never mind getting up for. After nearly 2 years I've realized that I work to live, not live to work. Those are wise words from my husband! My job is just that, a job. Now, I don't hate my job by any means, but it isn't all fun and games either.

4. I like to always be in the middle of a good book. Starting books is something I put off, but I'm always excited to finish the story. If anyone can recommend a good read, I'm always looking for suggestions! I just finished the 3rd Harry Potter and I started Dear John by Nicholas Sparks this weekend. I would recommend Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Giffin. They are good, quick reads that you won't want to put down!

5. I have no idea how to style my hair! It is pretty much the same everyday. I have two faithfuls: pony tail and straightened. It's really sad, but I don't know what to do! I am currently in need of a hair cut more than I can express in words. Sad. Just sad!

6. Shopping is something that I l-o-v-e to do. I don't have to buy a thing. Just going shopping is enough to keep me happy for a while. When I do buy things, I feel so excited when I find a deal! This goes for everything; vacations, cars, houses. I just love a good deal! It doesn't hurt my feelings if I do find something not on sale, but I have to really really like it to get it!

7. I never thought I'd say this, but I would like to go back to school to get my masters. I haven't really decided what I will get it in or how I will finance this journey, but lately the idea doesn't disgust me like it once did! ha! Now, if the state would pay for it as they have in the past for state workers, I'd already be enrolled! I have checked and they aren't paying now and they don't know when they will again. If I had to guess it will be a while!

So there's my seven! I hope they were entertaining enough... I feel like they weren't. I'll throw in an 8th!

8. GO BIG BLUE! They may have given us a tough road in the NCAA tourney, but to be the best you have to beat the best!! (I'm a Kentucky Wildcat fan, in case you missed the memo)

3 comments:

  1. I love your #3 and #7 because I can 100000% relate. I've been thinking about going back myself and wouldn't mind applying this fall! But who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about going back to school too...great place in Northern KY to get a masters!! I guess the real world starts sinking in a little too fast...blah! Can't wait for this NCAA tourney! It is going to be fun regardless of if we win it all...although I hope we do win it all!!! GO CATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly have no idea what to do with my hair either--I can so relate! :)

    ReplyDelete